Our office is situated near the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains and foothills of the Piedmont, with the convenience of driving to Washington, DC; Charleston, WV; Charlotte, NC; Johnson City, TN; or the Atlantic Ocean within 4 hours.
Opportunity is Knocking. Open the Door!
Come join our Team and be a part of our success. Virginia A&E recruits the most talented applicants in the highly competitive architectural, engineering and administrative markets. VAE considers our employees to be an investment; therefore, we take the time necessary to find the right match. In addition to technical skills, it is equally important for our employees to possess the skill necessary to cultivate positive working relationships with our customers as well as staff.
Engineer: Performs a variety of engineering related duties involved with investigation, analysis, design, document preparation, review and/or inspection in any one of the three disciplines – Electrical, Mechanical and/or Structural.
Architect: Involved with the design of new buildings, extensions or alterations to existing buildings, or advising on the restoration and conservation of old properties.
Designer: Transforms designs using computer aided design (CAD) into working documents. Reviews engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
Financial: Performs administrative and financial support in the preparation, processing, maintenance and verification of financial documents and records.
Human Resources: Guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs to provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing empowerment and quality.
Office Administration: Perform a wide variety of administrative and operational support activities to deliver exceptional service to all clients.
Work / Life Balance
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance: Plan for eligible Team Members and their dependents
- Simple IRA: 3% Company match
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Holidays: 10 -12 per calendar year
- Personal Leave: 3 weeks annually with accrual beginning on date of employment. Increases by one week at 5 and 10 year anniversaries.
- Paid Licensing for Professional Staff
- Professional Memberships/Development Programs/Certifications
- Potential Tuition Reimbursement
- Training Programs – Custom and In-House
- Flexible 4-1/2 day work week with office closing at Noon on Fridays.
- United Way Day of Caring
- United Way of Central Virginia Allocation Team Captains
- Live Healthy Lynchburg’s fitness commitment with culmination of participation in the Virginia 10 Miler
- Internships with Bedford County Public Schools and the Central Virginia Governor’s School
Virginia A&E Staff
For more information on the Central Virginia region, also known as Region 2000, please review this helpful brochure (pdf download):
REGION 2000 AT A GLANCE